Funeral Directors in the West Midlands
At Brain and Waldron we are dedicated to providing our professional services of a funeral directors across the West Midlands. Brain and Waldron funeral directors is a family owned and run company based in Smethwick, West Midlands. We offer a range of services and can help you with all funeral plans from start to finish.
We are an established funeral director within the West Midlands with a great reputation for providing a dedicated and professional service to our clients. Each member of our staff has been highly trained to deal with clients in a sympathetic and understanding nature in times of great distress. We help families throughout the West Midlands through every step of arranging a funeral, and make sure they can arrange the funeral they want for their loved one.
As the years have passed funeral requirements have changed, and we have realised a need for a private chapel of rest for the family's use. This is a tranquil, peaceful and private environment where the family can pay their last respects together as a family.
We understand that arranging a funeral can be overwhelming and we put together a list a few things you may want to consider when planning a funeral -
· Contact your local GP to certify the death (if the deceased passed away at home)
· Register the death with the local Registrar
· Check if the deceased had a "pre-planned" funeral arrangement
· Make viewing arrangements for mourners prior to the funeral (eg, our Chapel of Rest or the family home)
· We will write and arrange funeral notices in the appropriate newspapers.
· Decide whether a burial or cremation is preferred
· Decide on a date and time for the funeral service and make contact with the clergy
· Discuss the funeral/graveside service arrangements with the church, chapel, cemetery or crematorium, etc
· Should mourners send flowers and/or donations to a charity?
· Arrange food/refreshments for after the funeral. Where will this reception be held?
If you need advice or help with any part of planning a funeral please feel free to contact us.
The following pages contain information which we hope you will find helpful in the coming days. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 0121 558 9601 if you feel we are able to be of assistance or there are points that you would like to discuss.